Sunday, April 13, 2008

Follow-Up on the Mission

We left for the Mission at 4:30, me praying all the way that the song wouldn't change again! The first time that I really sang it from start to finish, revisions and all, was when I performed it at 7 p.m. It came off even better than I had hoped and I was able to sing it as if I'd been doing it for years. Definitely not the recommended procedure for performing, but the Holy Spirit is able to accomplish the impossible! Cathy Dreger and Cynde Knutson came with us this time, and they said the women really responded to it. Each of them spoke briefly during the service, and I could see the women being visibly moved by what they said also.

So, now all I have to do is figure out what I'm singing at the concert this coming Friday night at Hidden Door Cafe. And find time to rehearse with Alan. Oh yes, and take the children to soccer practice, conveniently scheduled, between the four of them, for every stinking day of the week except Friday, when two of them have a game (which they will be missing due to my concert. After only two weeks, I'm already a failure as a soccer Mom.... sigh).

At least we will be able to make the Saturday soccer game for the other two, which is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. the day after the concert. At least, I believe I will be physically there. I'm not sure that my brain will be functioning, but if worst comes to worst, I'll just cheer for the Blue Team, since that's the color of their uniforms. If I try getting any more specific than that, I may end up cheering on the name of the other team, or even worse, calling one of my kids by the dog's name.

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying you can remember their color is blue, but are you sure? You know how funny God can be ~ if I pray you remember the team is blue, it could be green and He'd have a great laugh.
    (Sorry little Schmidts; I know it's not as funny to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, did ya remember your team was blue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that was easy - both teams the kids play on are blue. One is teal, the other royal. So "Go Blue" was a no-brainer...

    I need more no-brainers, especially as I get older.

    Mind-surfing....ooops, wipeout...

    ReplyDelete