Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just Like Heaven...

Some people say they can't imagine what heaven will be like, but I can. I have a vivid imagination, and therefore a very clear picture of heaven. In heaven, when I want to go to the park, I will make the decision and then just GO. I won't have to tidy the entire house to find the dog's collar. I won't have to clean out the front closet to find her leash, either. I won't have to do three loads of laundry to insure that my children have clean playclothes to wear. I won't have to weed the back yard to find missing shoes, and I won't have to employ the skills I learned in Psychology 101 to calm the angst of the children who are missing the clothes and the shoes. I won't have to run to the store to buy a new hairbrush. I won't have to pack lunch, snacks, drinks, sunscreen or first aid kits. I will just look out the window, appreciate the weather, grab a blanket and go to the park.

I don't know, though, maybe that's retirement I'm seeing. Maybe heaven's even better than that.

1 comment:

  1. I will just look out the window, appreciate the weather, grab a blanket and go to the park.

    Ah, that's living purple. I'll meet you there!

    ReplyDelete